Cheez-It® Crusted Oven Fried Pickles
Enjoy the tangy crunch of pickles coated in a savory Cheez-It® crust, baked to golden perfection, and served with a zesty dipping sauce.
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) container Grillo’s Class Dill Pickle Chips
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Ranch or creamy dill dip, for serving
- 1 (7-ounce) box Cheez-it® Crackers
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 450°F. Place a rimmed baking sheet on the rack to preheat while you prepare the pickles.
2. Add Cheez-it® Crackers to a zip top bag with dill, garlic powder, and salt and seal tightly. Use a heavy skillet or rolling pin to crush the Cheez-It® Crackers to a fine crumb.
3. Drain the pickles well and pat them dry with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible (save the pickle juice for marinades, cocktails, sauces, and dressings!).
4. Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and whisk until foamy and white, about 5 minutes. Add the pickles to the egg whites and gently stir with a spatula to coat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pickles to the bag. Seal again and shake the bag to coat the pickles evenly in the Cheez-It® mixture.
5. Drizzle the olive oil on the preheated baking sheet. Working quickly, remove the pickles from the bag, shaking off any excess Cheez-It® mixture, and place on the baking sheet, making sure they are spaced evenly and not touching. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 20-25 minutes, rotating and flipping the pickles as needed every 10 minutes.
6. Transfer the pickles to a serving platter and serve warm with ranch or creamy dill dip