Cheez-It® Crusted Mozzarella Sticks
Cheese Pull time! Savor the gooey goodness of mozzarella sticks coated in a crispy Cheez-It® crust, baked until perfectly melted and golden, and served with marinara dipping sauce.
- 2 cups Cheez-It® Crackers
- 8 sticks mozzarella cheese sticks, cut in half horizontally
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- Marinara sauce, for serving
1. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse Cheez-It® Crackers until they are finely ground, 20-30 pulses.
2. Mix flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, whisk eggs. In a third shallow bowl, add pulsed crackers.
3. One stick at a time, dredge through flour mixture, tapping off any excess, then dredge through eggs, then finally toss in Cheez-It® crumbs, ensuring the stick is completely enclosed. Transfer to a sheet pan or plate.
4. Heat 2 inches of oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven to 350F. Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, gently lower sticks into hot oil using a spider. Let cook until Cheez-It® crumbs are lightly golden brown, 2 minutes. Remove with a spider and transfer to a paper-towel-lined sheet.