Strawberry Pop-Tarts® Ice Cream Cupcakes with Cheez-It® Crust
Elevate your dessert game with these cupcakes, featuring creamy strawberry ice cream nestled on a Cheez-It® crust and topped with Strawberry Pop-Tarts®.
- 1 (7 ounce) box Cheez-It® Crackers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- 4 full-size Strawberry Pop-Tarts®, chopped into coarse pieces
- 2 bags Strawberry Pop-Tart® Bites
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, add Cheez-It® Crackers, sugar, and salt. Pulse until Cheez-It® Crackers are a fine crumb. Add melted butter and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand.
3. Add about 3 tablespoons of Cheez-It® mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish, to each cupcake liner, pressing down with the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake until crust is set, 12 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
4. Let ice cream sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes (it should be soft and pliable, but not melty). In a large bowl, mix ice cream with chopped Pop-Tarts® pieces. Top Cheez-It® crusts with strawberry ice cream mixture, using a spoon or offset spatula to smooth the tops. Top each cupcake with a Pop-Tarts® Bite and a sprinkle of the reserved Cheez-It® mixture. Freeze until set, 3 hours or ideally overnight.