Extra Big Cheez-It® S’mores Cookies
Cheez-It® S'mores Cookies: Sweet, savory, and satisfying in one irresistible cookie.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Extra Big Cheez-It® Crackers, crushed by hand into pea-sized bits, plus 48 additional crackers
- 4 full-size full-size Hershey chocolate bars broken into 4 pieces each for 16 total pieces
- 16 regular-size marshmallows
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish (optional)
1. Sift flours, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
3. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Add chocolate chips and crushed Cheez-It® Crackers and mix until they are evenly incorporated into the dough. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 72 hours.
4. When ready to bake, remove dough from the refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before preheating the oven to 350°F .
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Place 5 sets of 4 Cheez-It® Crackers in a square cluster on a baking sheet. Top each cluster with a piece of chocolate followed by a marshmallow.
6. Scoop 4 (4-ounce) mounds of dough. Flatten the mound of dough into a disk large enough to cover the graham cracker and push down gently to cover the graham cracker and marshmallow. It’s okay if it cracks slightly. Sprinkle lightly with flaky salt and place the entire cookie sheet into the refrigerator to chill for an additional 25 minutes – this will prevent the cookies from spreading too much in the oven.
7. Bake until golden brown but still soft, 22-24 minutes.
8. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto a wire rack to cool a bit more.
9. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day.